Skip to main content

I Am {Dare to define your Stand}


John 1:19 – 23

You are welcome to Stretch Youth Summit. In the month of February, we looked into the issue of “out of the shadows.” The Lord was able to break us free from every shadow (past issues, hurts, regrets etc) and in this month of March, we will be looking into “I AM.” The Lord will be helping us to define our identity through the understanding of his word.

May the Holy Spirit open the eyes of your understanding in Jesus Name.

I AM is a figure of speech I want to use in this lecture to pass across the mind of God to you. I AM, is more than a statement; it is the power of identity and decision.

I AM is a personality, a living, and an identity that is either define by Gods word or define by the expectation of human. I AM is a neutral word that can serve for victims and victors. The purpose of this lecture is to help the victims recognize the true definition of I AM and also encourage the victor to stay conscious of the original definition of I AM.

From our case study (John 1:19 – 23) we will discover the battle of knowledge, understanding, wisdom and decision between John the Baptist and the people. In this generation we are living in, if you don’t define who you are through Gods word, the society, media, and every thing surrounding you are ready to define you. There is no middle wall; its either you are useful or you are used. You will be used when you allow your environment, past, hurts and people to define who you are. You are useful when you allow Gods word to define who you were created to be.

You were not created to be what your parents, friends, media and experience wants you to become. You were created to become who God has planned for you to become before He formed you into your mothers womb.

Your greatest enemy is ignorance!

I want to ask you these questions; who were you created to become? What were you created to achieve? God is a deliberate God that deliberately created you for a specific plan and assignment. God loves you for the sake of what he created you to become. Jesus redeemed you so you can be free to become all God has created you to be. With this explanation, WHO ARE YOU?

For your information, you are not your past, pains, regrets and mistakes. Your experiences were never designed to define you in the first place. Who do you really think you are? What have you really settled for as your identity?

The best way for you to know who you really are lies in your ability to know who you are not. The fastest way for you to know what you were created to do lies in you knowing what you must not do. Your greatest power lies in your ability to say “no” to who God has not destined for you to be. John the Baptist knew who he was not and that helped him to identify who God created him to be. The ability to know who you were created not to be lies in discovery.

What have you discovered about your life and your days? Where is the source of your discovery? Who are you giving your listening ears to? Who do you claim to be? Are you what people have imposed on you? Are you what the media have imposed on you? Are you what your friends have imposed on you? Are you what your past, pain, regrets and experiences have suggested to you? WHO ARE YOU?

We all are victims of ignorance. Ignorance is not necessary the absent of knowledge. It is the absent of the right knowledge. I must also remind you that half knowledge is more dangerous that ignorance. The wrong knowledge about your self is worst than ignorance.

For you to properly say I AM, you must first go back to your source. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit is your source. For you to discover who you are, you must first seek for your source. Personally speaking, who is Jesus to you? Our case study John 1:19 – 23, John the Baptist defined and declare who he is from the scripture. John the Baptist was able to know His identity because he knew and understood what was written in the scriptures for his life.

The scripture John the Baptist got his understanding is the word of God who is Jesus. WHO JESUS IS TO YOU PERSONALLY IS WHO YOU WERE CREATED TO BE TO YOUR GENERATION. 

Who is Jesus to you? Have you discovered what is written in the Scriptures concerning your life? When you study your bible, can you see your story in it? When you study your bible, can you see your identity in it? When you study your bible, can you see how you ought to love and date? When you study the bible, can you see your direction in life? When you study your bible, can you see your values and priority? When you look at the Jesus, what do you see? When you look at the cross of Jesus, what do you see?

In case you are short of words, don’t worry – the Helper (Holy Spirit) is here to help you. This is your day of visitation. Escaping the ignorance and all the things people, media and environment is imposing on you is not enough. Theological knowledge of who you are in Christ is not enough. Theological knowledge is must proceed to become an experiential knowledge. Knowing the capacity you possess is not enough; having is different from becoming. NEXT MONTHS SEMINAR, WE WILL LOOK DEEPER INTO THIS AREA.

Back to my point, having the courage to say “no” to all the wrong things the media, people, hurts, and experiences are imposing on you is not enough. This is the time for you to draw the strength from Gods word to say “yes” to who God has created you to be. This is the time for you to say “yes” to the capacity God has given you. This is the time for you to say “yes” to your divine calling. This is the time to say “yes” to all the prophecy and vision that have gone ahead of you. This is the time for you to say “yes” to the assignment God has set for you. This is the time for you to say “yes” to Gods purpose for creating you. This is the time for you to say “yes” to the creativity ideas, and talent God has given you.

The greatest thing the devil is interested in is Him stopping you from discovering who God has created you to be. God created you to add value to this generation through the value he has added to your life. God created you to make the world a better place just as he has made your life better. God has created you to be an extension of who he is to you to your generation. God has created you to impact your generation just the way he has impacted your life. God has created you to love people the way he has loved you. God has created you to forgive people the way he forgave you. You were not created to be a liability – you were created as an asset (a resource) to your generation. YOU ARE ALL GOD HAS DONE TO YOU. YOU ARE ALL GOD HAS SHARED WITH YOU.

Friends may leave you, people might insult you and your love ones might despise you – dare to say “yes” to you are in Christ. I AM is a fight for destiny. From now henceforth, some people will leave your life. Some people will feel you are proud when you start refusing all the wrong things they have being imposing on you before that you use to accept. 

I AM a blessing. 
I AM Gods righteousness.
I AM Gods delight. I AM a Solution to my generation. I AM an answer to my generation. I AM a weapon of impact. Love is Me! I AM capable. I AM smart. I AM creative. I AM focus. I AM disciplined. I AM good enough. I AM loved by the Lord Most High. I AM unique. I AM wise. I AM courageous. I AM patient. I AM a forgiving person. I AM the best in what God has called me to do. I AM not confused. I AM not afraid. I AM not going to give up. I AM a seed of God. I AM good in saying please forgive. I AM full of Gods Grace. I AM full of Gods character. I AM good in apologizing. I AM not alone; God dwells in me. I AM not bitter. I AM not a victim. I AM not a mistake. I AM not my past. I AM not hopeless. I AM not helpless. I AM not addicted to any wrong thing. I AM a believer of Christ Jesus. I AM full of trust. I AM not abandoned. I AM not isolated. I AM not afraid of tomorrow; God is committed to me. I AM a saint of God. I AM not a sinner. I AM powerful in Gods love. I AM unstoppable through Gods Grace. I AM the pride of God. I AM the glory of God manifested. I AM and I WILL BECOME all the details in Gods word for my life.

I AM…

PRAYER SESSION
Begin to declare what Gods word says about you.
Begin to denounce any thing or attitude or believe or expectation that’s not in line with Gods word.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you stay conscious of this truth.
Ask the Holy Spirit to Grace you with the courage to be all God has destined for you.
Ask the Holy Spirit to give you victory over your fears, worries, doubts, past hurts, etc that’s holding you bond.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you to redefine your identity, your values, and priority through Gods word.
Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you, your story in the scriptures (WORD)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Be Single But Don't Be Stupid

Relationship is a tool and platform for maintaining, sustaining and deploying of dreams or purpose. Relationship is a tool and platform for learning, discovering and development your capacity, potentials, ideas and dream. Relationship is a tool and platform for participating in adding value to others and in receiving value from others. Being single is not a curse but an opportunity to discover your self and explore your dream. Being single is a season. There is a time to be single and there is a time for dating. Don't pursue your dream to the extreme and abandon the need for dating. Dating is a necessity and a pleasure. If you can't cultivate a healthy life as a single, dating will frustrate you. Be single and be productive. Be single and be result oriented. Be single and develop your capacity. Be single and understand your direction in life. Be single and Specific about your reason for existence. You are unique and you must dare to be different. Learn to stay where God has ord

Un-masking the past - Part 2

Why do you need to unmask the past? If you are not ready to unmask the past, you will remain a slave to your past. You won't be able to identify why you failed the way you fail. You won't be able to maintain the pattern of success you had in the past. It because difficult for you to trace the source of any present issue, conflict, and negative experience. Unmasking the past is the best gift you can ever offer yourself. You need to unmask the past, understanding your past is what dictates what to stop doing, what to start doing, what to change, and what to improve. It rescues you from blaming everybody while making excuses for your faults. Unmasking the past helps you not to repeat the same mistakes all over again. It reveals how you failed in other to know how to sit up in the present. It reveals how you succeeded and how to maintain that success. Nobody in life, including me, has a smooth past. During a counseling session, a lady once told me. I have a past that I will never t

Love Transaction - Part 1

Relationship is and will always be a transaction of values, priority and needs. Your success is being able to sell what you enjoy selling and what this person will enjoy buying from you. What are you selling is all about, your input or contribution to your present friendship, relationship or courtship. What's the quality of your attitude, mindset and manner of approach, you are investing in the lives of the people around you? Will you enjoy this lady or man treating you the same way you are treating him or her? Will you enjoy this person talking to you in the same manner you are talking to him or her? Its not about how committed you are this person, but as a man, is this what you promised her while asking her out? As a lady, is this what you promised him before you accepted him? Ever since you stepped into this persons life, has things gone worst or best? In what way have you being helping and supportive to this person? Do your jokes respect this person or it abuses him